8 April 2020

Wednesday 8th April 2020
Lockdown Day 16 - 7th missed Roll-Up

Thanks for all the updates, we couldn't do this without all your submissions - sorry that we have to reject quite a few but have to play it a little safe 

Wow- just got back from B&Q (Chard) with 60 Metres of 3" by 2" structural Timber for my project.  I was VEEEEEERY impressed with their Click & Collect System.  Just order as normal and pay with PayPal or whatever. You get a Text or call when it's ready ( mine was 3 hours later) .When you drive into their Car Park, there are just 6 Bays marked for 'Click and Collect.   Man comes out and shouts "What's your name Sir ?" - and seconds later a loaded trolley is pushed to your car, where they offer to load or just walk away.

You then either load up or just drive home and no-one comes within a mile of you - what an excellent system and well done B&Q.  No ID or Paperwork required and they have literally 100's of trolleys loaded up ready to wheel out. There is no access into the store itself.

I've unloaded the Car and Wifey doesn't even know I've been out. Hand Sanitiser & Soap then its back to the Project....

2 other Cars were also there, loading up with Garden Compost etc

I had a Tesco Shopping list ready in case I got pulled over, but I assume if B & Q are doing it, it must be legal....




Let's start with a bit of fun from Raymond, like sitting in the Bar listening to Pete 3-Names telling one of his rambling jokes.



..Olden but Golden....


This ones a bit rude, but it's Jethro again so don't show the Kids...think it was sent in by Farmer Bob...




Here's one I promised from Roger Barrow..or was it Bob Stone....started off with just a slow puncture and turned into a full re-furb of the trusty old device...


I'm amazed at how well that knee is bending....

and from James, about a first-class Blonde...




and James our captain actually has a proper golfing submission....





But we have to keep our standards up by a Classical Music entry which is quite hard to believe..




and an entry from a Tatworth Lady who is obviously dealing with isolation rather well, shares her thoughts with us...




  Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing  cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.



  I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune.
 Now  I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.



  I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.



  Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room   or The Bedroom



  PS: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit.



  Pyjamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.



  Home-schooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and   1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.



  I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd   go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone



  This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. It came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.



  Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You   have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. 
I have no clue how this place is still in business.



  My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when   I pee it cleans the toilet.



  Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a   bomb  threat.



  I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?



 Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand   sanitizer for good clean fun.



  Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the   same teacher next year".... I'm offended.



  Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under….



Well 62 Days after China introduced a Lockdown, things are opening up and armed with a 'Green Card' they can travel again, let's hope we can improve on that by some margin.

Definitely still got a couple of weeks left even with the most optimistic outlook, although Somerset seems to be one of the safest places to be.


Sent in via Facebook, Sir Nick of Chaffcombe...



I got a silly 'Hoax' Video showing that your life is in danger if you apply the alcohol based hand-sanitiser - then light the BBQ you will burst into flames. It shows an Indian guy lighting a small puddle of sanitiser then picture of Woman with burned hands & arms - but apparently the burns scars are actually from cosmetic surgery.   Whole idea is that the alcohol evaporates very quickly and providing you are not dripping wet with the stuff ( almost impossible ) - nothing bad happens.
..so that's one Video I won't be posting...

Our Branchmanager is joining the list of contributors with the rather amusing dialog below...






It's not our usual format so let's see if you are able to view a .WMV File...

Plenty more to update tomorrow morning including Roger Stone converting his Wheelbarrow into a Lawn buggy ….








Our Walker from Monday confirms the route he took to the 13th Tee....

Thanks for sticking up for me yesterday, not that it should have been necessary! OK, the walk was slightly outside of Mr Gove's SUGGESTED one hour, but I'm a fast walker 😊
Pretty straightforward really: down to Guppy's Bridge, up to Avishayes House, over the brow to Lydmarsh Farm, through a couple of fields then through the bluebell wood (not quite out..) behind wotsernames house and out you come on the 12th, on a public footpath as you say!
I've got lots of pics from my perambulations, perhaps we could do a 'Where's the Idiot Today?' competition...? 😂





This is how we would deal with bad news in days gone by, and we would do well to emulate this smashing example...
 Yours Boris...


I particularly like the sound effects of a china plate rolling on a granite kitchen floor...


Being a tough Golfer, it would be nice to think I would have reacted calmly and maturely when greeted with this situation...



..but I would have probably done the same....


Not sure if we had this one before...



Not sure the NHS will ever be the same again......