6 April 2020

Monday 6th April 2020
Lockdown Fortnight !
Wow- making a few people think with Sir Boris having a bit of a set-back . No doubt they are being Uber-Cautious with the Man we seem not to be able to do without at the moment. Strange how bad-times can unite a Country behind someone that exudes optimism.

So the First one on this Tuesday morning come from the Ladies, so we are brave enough to post it here as there are no winners - 






April 6



Anthony Fokker (born 1890), founder of the aircraft firm. Douglas Bader once gave a speech at a posh girls’ school about his experiences during World War II, and mentioned a particular battle. ‘My engine was on fire, I had two of the f***ers on my tail, one f***er was coming up at me from the left, there were two more f***ers about a hundred feet above me …’ The headmistress panicked and said: ‘As I’m sure you know, girls, there was a type of German plane during the war called the “Fokker”’. Bader replied: ‘I don’t know about that – all I can tell you is these chaps were flying Messerschmitts.’
.


here's your Mental test for the Day from Dave W again




There are lots of ways in Windows to get a print of a particular picture, image or text on the Blog. I often use Windows Snip Keys



First Click on the image of the Quiz Sheet above.
Three Finger action, hold down Windows, Shift and "S" keys

A box appears at top of screen, move cursor to third box and click 'Full Screen' 
A box should appear bottom right with the item copied.

Open that window and Top right are three dots...
Select Print and Bingo...or you can paste into a Word Document or Email to get a printout...

Type Windows Keyboard Tricks on a Search and there are lots of fun things to do.








Had a few comments about the Picture of a Member sitting on 13th Tee - He was in fact doing his daily exercise, following the Ramblers path which starts from near his home and crosses right through the 12th Fairway -you must have seen walkers there from time to time.   2 Hours 15 Minutes

Check-out the Ramblers Websites...





I  met this bloke with a didgeridoo and he was playing Dancing Queen on it.  I thought, 'That's  Aboriginal.'


-----------------------



This lorry full  of tortoises collided with a van full of terrapins. It was a turtle  disaster.


------------------------



I told my  girlfriend I had a job in a bowling alley. She said 'Tenpin?' I said,  'No, permanent.'



-----------------------



I went in to  a pet shop. I said, 'Can I buy a goldfish?' The guy said, 'Do you want  an aquarium?' I said, 'I don't care what star sign it  is.'


----------------------------



I bought some  Armageddon cheese today, and it said on the packet. 'Best before  End'



---------------------------
I went to buy a  watch, and the man in the shop said 'Analogue.' I said 'No, just a  watch.'

------------------------------
I went into a  shop and I said, 'Can someone sell me a kettle.' The bloke said  'Kenwood' I said, 'Where is he  then?'



--------------------------



My mate is in love  with two schoolbags. He's  bi-satchel.


------------------------



I went to the  doctor. I said to him 'I'm frightened of lapels.' He said, 'You've got  cholera.'



---------------------------



I met the bloke  who invented crosswords today. I can't remember his name, its P  something T something  R.


----------------------------



I was reading this  book today, The History of Glue. I couldn't put it  down.



----------------------------



I phoned the local  ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just went on and  on.


---------------------------



The recruitment  consultant asked me 'What do you think of voluntary work? I said 'I  wouldn't do it if you paid  me.'



--------------------------



I was in the jungle  and there was this monkey with a tin opener. I said, 'You don't need a  tin opener to peel a banana.' He said, 'No, this is for the  custard.'


----------------------



This policeman came  up to me with a pencil and a piece of very thin paper. He said, 'I want  you to trace someone for  me..'



--------------------------



I told my mum that  I'd opened a theatre. She said, 'Are you having me on?' I said, 'Well  I'll give you an audition, but I'm not promising you  anything.'


----------------------------
I phoned the  local builders today, I said to them 'Can I have a skip outside my  house?' He said, 'I'm not stopping  you!'



--------------------------------



This cowboy  walks in to a German car showroom and he says  'Audi!'

--------------------------


I fancied a game of  darts with my mate. He said, 'Nearest the bull goes first' He went  'Baah' and I went 'Moo' He said 'You're  closest'



------------------------------



I was driving  up the motorway and my boss phoned me and he told me I'd been promoted.  I was so shocked I swerved the car. He phoned me again to say I'd been  promoted even higher and I swerved again. He then made me managing  director and I went right off into a tree. The police came and asked me  what had happened... I said 'I careered off the  road'


----------------------



I visited the offices of  the RSPCA today. It's tiny: you couldn't swing a cat in  there.



-------------------------



I was stealing things  in the supermarket today while balanced on the shoulders of a couple of  vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on two  counts.


------------------------



I bought a train  ticket to France and the ticket seller said 'Eurostar' I said 'Well I've  been on telly but I'm no Dean  Martin.



---------------------------



I phoned the local  gym and I asked if they could teach me how to do the splits. He said,  'How flexible are you?' I said, 'I can't make Tuesdays or  Thursdays.'


--------------------------------



I went to  the local video shop and I said, 'Can I borrow Batman Forever?' He said,  'No, you'll have to bring it back  tomorrow'



--------------------------------




A waiter  asks a man, 'May I take your order, sir?' 'Yes,' the man replies. 'I'm  just wondering, exactly how do you prepare your chickens?' 'Nothing  special, sir. We just tell them straight out that they're going to  die.'  





Always rely on Jethro for a smile, no swearing either..thanks Eric





Quick rest on my walk today... 😊 'Guess the knee?' competition? Good news is tees, greens and fairways all looking good. 👍
Right, homewards!!





So today's first 2nd addition is another Math's poser from David...I make it 32 but am losing confidence after the trickery of the last one...

Eric says "As regards today’s Maths poser, I make it 133 (4 + 15 x 7) but like you I’m not very confident."



Dave also challenged us to post this one, so let's be brave...



..but that's exactly WHY he's a Billionaire !

Clive is thinking ahead, get's my support...

Gentlemen, when we eventually return to playing golf, I’d like to make a suggestion.

I think it would be a good idea to celebrate getting through these terrible times by staging an annual competition with proceeds going to the Captain’s charity.

Haven’t come up with the competition title, but should be played for a trophy to be kept at the club, 
( I’ll get my contact Mr Timpson, the philanthropic owner of Timpsons to donate a cup).
 As the captain’s charity is a London hospital the more we can do the better.

If played each year with proceeds to an NHS hospital, it will serve as a constant reminder of what we went through in 20/19  (there’s a suggestion for the competition name).



Just a thought.



Keeping safe?
Stay safe.

Clive


Looks like we will have a new currency to deal with in weeks to come, are you feeling flush ?